Lunar Observing?

This is the discussion forum for the Beginners Special Interest Group. Whether you just learned how to spell t-e-l-e-s-c-o-p-e or have years of observing experience you're welcome!

Moderators: defalkner, Sureshks, SEmert

Kirk

Lunar Observing?

Post by Kirk »

Hello Everyone,

You may have notoced I haven't posted a lunar observing assignment for a few months. Life and clouds got overwhelming and I was personally falling behind on the very assignments I was posting.

My question is, do people want me to continue posting the lunal observing assignments? Were people using them? No one ever posted any observing reports so I kind of got the feeling no one was getting out there and ticking off observations.

If there is enough interest I'll start up again next month. Let me know. It takes a while putting them together and I'll only do it if people are interested!

Thanks!

~Kirk
mlfj4901

Post by mlfj4901 »

Greetings,

I'm interested...although I have to admit I had fallen behind myself. If I'm alone in my interest than I'd hate to have you go through all the work just so I can get behind again...

Either way thanks for your time and effort Kirk

-matt
"As a dog returns to it's vomit, so a fool repeats his folly" Proverbs 26:11
I podcast on Trans & Atheism issues Showpage is www.trans-atheist.net
iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/a-m ... d743314884
Stitcher http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=40377&refid=stpr
or the podcatcher of your choice :)
Jon Hickman
Site Admin

Post by Jon Hickman »

Kirk:

I found them very useful, and, um, found the extended time since the last posting very convenient in allowing myself to catch up on some of the items...not saying I had fallen behind, but there have been MANY cloudy nights in the past few months.... :wink:
Jon Hickman
Starforce2

Post by Starforce2 »

I never bothered. Though I'm not much for giving a damn about the names of them craters over there on the left...but I do observe the moon now and then.
Chautauqua

Lunar Observing

Post by Chautauqua »

I'm interested in continuing, having fallen off the lunar observation wagon for awhile. Am putting it in my new years' resolutions in fact!
Glenn Lee
Northfield, MN

Orion 20 X 80 mm binoculars and a
well-practiced squint.
krichter

Post by krichter »

Im interested too!
Kirby Richter
12" Meade LightBridge DOB
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

If these clouds ever clear up I want to try to keep the lunar observing assignments going. This spring has been both busy and cloudy.

Stay tuned.

In the mean time, check out the old assignments and make sure you're caught up. I'll start from where we left off. I know I still have some work to do on the old assignments!

~Kirk