"archive forum" suggestion

Having problems using the forums? Have a suggestion for a new forum? Here's the place for both.
Starforce2

"archive forum" suggestion

Post by Starforce2 »

I've noticed that certain forums are getting rather cluttered with old threads. For example, there's still a 2005 thread for crossranch laying around, and plenty in the forum announcements including a "chery grove on" announcement for the last CG starparty. Perhaps some serious effort should be made to weed these out so only realevant, up to date topics are present. If the old topics are desired for soem reason people can look in the thread archive, which would be read only.
Mike Fischer

Post by Mike Fischer »

I always click on "View Posts Since Last Visit" so I never see clutter of old posts unless I want to unearth something from the past. Many old posts are of value, for example today's discussion on imaging with the visual rigs at Onan refers back to a June posting with valuable info.

M
Starforce2

Post by Starforce2 »

You're right, not all old posts are worthless. However, 6 month old outreach oppertinities, and year old starparty annoucements certainly are. Plus, if there was an archive forum, people could still review these any time they want.