Heirarchical MAS Photo Albums?

Having problems using the forums? Have a suggestion for a new forum? Here's the place for both.
Ben Mullin

Heirarchical MAS Photo Albums?

Post by Ben Mullin »

Is it possible to do this? The annoyance prompting this question is all of the photos being added to the MAS Events album. It would be nice if we could make sub albums for the individual events rather than all of the events being mixed together. It would just keep things a little neater and tidier.

Ben
Chip

Post by Chip »

...agreed, for sure... but don't know any better way as things currently set up.

Maybe the convention could be adopted to start the Pic Title line with ATM, for example, for that Sig's event pics, and so on for the different types of events? Better if each type of event got its own little album area?

---Tom
Ben Mullin

Post by Ben Mullin »

"Better if each type of event got its own little album area?"

Thats what I'm hoping Craig and company could tell me is possible or not.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

I could upgrade the Album to a newer version that has more bells and whistles... Here is a version that has sub categories that I have on my Gopher Hockey website.
http://www.gopherpucklive.com/album.php
Chip

Post by Chip »

Craig,

Having been on the Cherry Grove committee (CGOMAC), we occasionally felt the need of posting pix to...

- CG Equipment and Facilities
- CG Training
- CG Events

This probably applies to Onan and LLCC as well.

The other Sigs might like..

-(Sig) Events
-(Sig) Topics

...hope this helps... Forums/Photo are very useful and convenient, and if you'd be able to enhance them with a new version it would be appreciated and useful.

---Tom

P.S. For example, this would have clearly helped, as Ben has rightly pointed out, with the postings of pix of the Imaging and ATM recent sig events. Merle posted about a dozen or so, and then I added four more of the Imaging Sig Workshop at Onan. Now I uploaded 8 pix from the ATM event that happened over a week earlier. All this is in PhotoAlbum/MAS Events/

http://www.mnastro.org/forums/album_cat ... 142a8918ce
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

When I get the chance, I will upgrade the Album and reorganize it. I need to upgrade the message board sometime soon anyway, so I might as well take care of both at the same time.
Ben Mullin

Post by Ben Mullin »

Cool, thanks Craig. One more question, are you then in charge of creating new categories or are they user creatable? I imagine we won't need new categories created all that frequently so hopefully it isn't too much of a bother if you have to create them.

Thanks again,

Ben
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

You can only create categories from the Admin Panel, so only admins can do it.