Forum functions not working.

Having problems using the forums? Have a suggestion for a new forum? Here's the place for both.
Ron Schmit

Forum functions not working.

Post by Ron Schmit »

Ben, it's been a week since we talked and it's been a month since I received acknowledgement from one of our admins that some functions on the site are broken. I was hoping to see some type of recognition of the problem and a call to arms to fix it. Maybe this note will generate some discussion.

Folks, here’s my original concern, submitted Oct 20:
I've not been receiving email alerts to indicate that someone has posted to a forum to which I am subscribed, or responded to my post, or left me a PM. The problem may not be on this end, but I've gotta check. Thoughts?
From what I was told last month, it appears that the data necessary to make this function work has been deleted. It also appears that this is not the only issue currently impacting forum performance.

Could we please get an update on where we’re at with a solution? The Forum has been a wonderful tool to keep us connected. I can’t image our organization functioning without it. Don’t know if any of you feel that way, but if so, let’s see a show of hands and get some people investing in fixing this up.

Thanks!!

Ron
Dave Venne

Re: Forum functions not working.

Post by Dave Venne »

Thanks for pointing this out. When I stopped getting e-mails for new posts I thought it was because of something I had done wrong. Without the e-mail updates I know I've missed some posts, and it would be helpful to get it fixed as time and resources permit.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

I don't know who the webmaster is these days, but I just went ahead and created a "messageboard@mnastro.org" email address that will handle the notifications on the message board.... Ron, I sent a test email message to you via the board through the new email account. Let me know if you got it.

Hopefully the notification problems are gone.
Dave Venne

Post by Dave Venne »

That did the job -- I got an e-mail notifying me of your last post. Thanks!
Ron Schmit

Post by Ron Schmit »

Got it Craig. THANKS!!
Ron Schmit

Post by Ron Schmit »

Weeks later and it's still working great! THANKS CRAIG!!!!