Forum logins... password doesn't save

Having problems using the forums? Have a suggestion for a new forum? Here's the place for both.
sbradbury

Forum logins... password doesn't save

Post by sbradbury »

anyone else notice this? Even when I check the "keep me logged in" box, I have to log in every time I go to one of the password protected sub forums. It's really annoying. I can't imagine this is by design? I'm willing to donate my time and fix this if whoever has admin access to the board wants to contact me... should just be some simple cookie settings.
Deane Clark

Re: Forum logins... password doesn't save

Post by Deane Clark »

Have you made sure your browser is set to allow cookies?
There's actually a forum for this kind of thing. You might try posting in the Forum Help, Comments forum.
Deane Clark
Eagle Lake Observatory keyholder
------------------------
I can quit any time I want. I just don't want to.
www.aponon.org
sbradbury

Post by sbradbury »

Sorry, I didn't see that other sub forum. Feel free to move it.

browser is fine, this is the only site I have issues with. No one else has or did have this problem in the last few months?
FF2Rydia

Post by FF2Rydia »

sbradbury wrote:browser is fine, this is the only site I have issues with. No one else has or did have this problem in the last few months?
I have that problem all the time, includung the part about this being the only site I have issues with.
Kris Hultner
AAVSO observer HCKA
sbradbury

Post by sbradbury »

yeah, I still have this issue, and on multiple computers.

Oh well I guess...
Jon Hickman
Site Admin

Post by Jon Hickman »

No consolation, but I have the same problem with this site and like you, it is the only one where I do. At least it saves my info and doesn't log me out unless I close my browser, but it doesn't do the auto login when I first fire the browser up. I've tried every setting having to do with logins on the admin panel and nothing seems to make a difference...

It also makes me re-authenticate every time I try to enter the admin area, too. At least we're secure???!!!... :roll:
Jon Hickman