January B-SIG Meeting

This is the discussion forum for the Beginners Special Interest Group. Whether you just learned how to spell t-e-l-e-s-c-o-p-e or have years of observing experience you're welcome!

Moderators: defalkner, Sureshks, SEmert

defalkner

January B-SIG Meeting

Post by defalkner »

Greetings,

The Beginner SIG meeting is Saturday, January 15th at 10:30 AM. As usual, we are meeting at the Golden Valley Library, 830 Winnetka Ave. N., Golden Valley. 55427.

This month is "Show and Tell" or "What I got for Christmas". We want you to bring your holiday gift(s), show them off and let us know why you asked Santa for them or why you are thrilled to have received them. They can be gifts others gave you or a gift you got for yourself. For this meeting we're inviting everyone, newbies and veterans alike, who want to come. Come even if you don't have anything to share. You may see something really cool that you'd like to get for yourself.

This meeting promises to be a lot of fun. Hope to see you all there.

Dave Falkner and Steve Emert
Clear skies!
Dave Falkner
10" Meade SNT
iOptron iEQ45 Mount
Celestron NexStar Evolution 8 SCT
CGO Committee
MAS Secretary
Roxanne

Re: January B-SIG Meeting

Post by Roxanne »

This sounds like a lot of fun! I wish my Saturday mornings weren't so crazy, I would love to attend this!
Remember: Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
SEmert

Re: January B-SIG Meeting

Post by SEmert »

Looking forward to seeing everyone who decides to come tomorrow!
Steve Emert
MAS Membership Coordinator
12.5" f/4.7 Obsession Clone Homemade Truss Dob, sometimes equipped with Celestron StarSense Explorer app
Celestron C8 SCT OTA on AVX GEQ mount
Astro-Tech AT72 ED Refractor OTA usually on Explore Scientific Twilight 1 mount or tripod with Benro geared head
Celestron 5" SCT OTA on Explore Scientific Twilight 1 Alt-Az Mount, usually equipped with StarSense Explorer app
Orion 150mm Mak OTA and Orion EQ-G computerized mount