Introducing myself

This is the discussion forum for the Beginners Special Interest Group. Whether you just learned how to spell t-e-l-e-s-c-o-p-e or have years of observing experience you're welcome!

Moderators: defalkner, Sureshks, SEmert

chronofong

Introducing myself

Post by chronofong »

Hi, I'm an international student starting this fall at the U of M. I am an astronomy enthusiast and owns an Astroview 100mm back at my home country. I would really like to visit and stargaze at the Onan Observatory or the other observatories under MAS, but I do not have transport to them. Is there anyone who can give me a ride whenever they're going to star parties? I live in Dinkytown, Minneapolis by the way. Many thanks in advance.
defalkner

Re: Introducing myself

Post by defalkner »

I'm sure we can make some arrangements. This weekend is a full moon so no star party. If you are interested in going to a particular event, like the Onan Public Night on September 8, I would suggest you post again. I'm sure we can find a ride for you.
Clear skies!
Dave Falkner
10" Meade SNT
iOptron iEQ45 Mount
Celestron NexStar Evolution 8 SCT
CGO Committee
MAS Secretary
chronofong

Re: Introducing myself

Post by chronofong »

Thanks! I will post again if I am free on Saturday night to make it to the Onan Star Party on this Saturday. Thanks again for your offer! :D