Perseid Party: Sunday, Aug 11 - Eagle Lake Observatory

This is where you will find information and updates for all MAS Star Parties and Events open to the public.

Moderator: defalkner

Ron Schmit

Perseid Party: Sunday, Aug 11 - Eagle Lake Observatory

Post by Ron Schmit »

Come on out and view the Perseid's from the Eagle Lake Observatory at Baylor Regional Park!

We'll go from 9 PM - Midnight. Telescopes will be available to see other wonders while you scan the sky for meteors!
Ron Schmit

Re: Perseid Party: Sunday, Aug 11 - Eagle Lake Observatory

Post by Ron Schmit »

It begins! Three Perseids so far, and the sky is JUST getting dark. Saturn looking AWESOME! The Moon is amazing! Sending a sick feed of M13 into the Channel 5 truck. We're live at Onan.
MarkC

Post by MarkC »

I saw ~60 meteors between 11:30 and 3 AM, 3 more on the way home while driving on 212. The clouds came in at 3.

Mark
Attachments
IMG_3459 copy a mas.jpg
IMG_3459 copy a mas.jpg (158.73 KiB) Viewed 764 times
Astrolaman

Post by Astrolaman »

[quote="Ron Schmit"]Come on out and view the Perseid's from the Eagle Lake Observatory at Baylor Regional Park!

We'll go from 9 PM - Midnight. Telescopes will be available to see other wonders while you scan the sky for meteors![/quote]

Thanks for hosting the party last night and keeping ELO open later than originally posted. My wife and I stayed until after 1:00 AM and were rewarded with lots of bright meteors.