4M is ON for Saturday, 10/10/15

This is where you will find information and updates for all MAS Star Parties and Events open to the public.

Moderator: defalkner

jjones7777

4M is ON for Saturday, 10/10/15

Post by jjones7777 »

I'm going to take a chance and call the 4M ON for tonight a bit earlier than usual. I don't expect the weather forecast will change that much in the next few hours.

While not perfect, it's better than last night. Biggest issues: wind and high cirrus clouds. Prepare for 15 mph winds which will make things feel colder, even though it will be warm for this time of year. It's best to prepare for temps 20º lower than listed. This helps account for the wind as well as heat lost by 'just standing around'. So, dress warmly! Also, because of the potential of high cirrus clouds, the transparency and seeing will be diminished. However, this is SUPPOSED to dissipate by 11:00 pm leaving the skies pretty nice.

Feel free to download the form found earlier on this discussion thread; I will be bringing extra forms with me, as well as some water and a few goodies.

See you tonight!!!
Jerry Jones
MAS Observing Co-Chair
Astronomical League Awards Coordinator
AL recognized Master Observer, Silver Level
15" "Eagle Eye"; 12.5" Obsession; C11 Edge in a SkyShedPod; 8" SCT; 152mm ES doublet; 105mm Mak; 94mm Brandon; 1957 Questar; 35mm Lunt Ha
jlmanatee

Re: 4M is ON for Saturday, 10/10/15

Post by jlmanatee »

If I come, it will be to observe with a goto, not expecting an award of any kind. ( I humbly bow to you star-hoppers) Will my whirring goto be unwelcome? I'd rather not ruin anyone's night.
ES 127cf, ES 80mm, AT66ED
Atik 460EX
Ioptron IEQ45
clayton

Post by clayton »

You and your GOTO are welcome. I not going to be able to make it tonight as I have a prior commitment, however enjoy your observing.
Clayton Lindsey
jjones7777

Post by jjones7777 »

Jack - great job on the 'just viewing' last night! Perhaps all of us 'star-hoppers' at Okie-Tex affected you. Thanks for joining us last night.
Jerry Jones
MAS Observing Co-Chair
Astronomical League Awards Coordinator
AL recognized Master Observer, Silver Level
15" "Eagle Eye"; 12.5" Obsession; C11 Edge in a SkyShedPod; 8" SCT; 152mm ES doublet; 105mm Mak; 94mm Brandon; 1957 Questar; 35mm Lunt Ha