Microscopic Fonts

Having problems using the forums? Have a suggestion for a new forum? Here's the place for both.
Dave Olmstead

Microscopic Fonts

Post by Dave Olmstead »

Has something changed with the Forums that would have altered the font sizes and made them smaller? It seems like just within the past few days the standard displayed fonts are microscopic.

I have used a couple browsers and am greeted with the same minuscule characters. I have changed settings in my browsers to accommodate the small type, but then all other web sites have gigantic fonts.

Help me and my old eyes please!
David Olmstead
One of the Scope Wranglers
david@davidolmstead.com
kibatme

Re: Microscopic Fonts

Post by kibatme »

olmstead wrote:Has something changed with the Forums that would have altered the font sizes and made them smaller? It seems like just within the past few days the standard displayed fonts are microscopic.
\

No, no changes -- are you sure this isn't an age-related problem?
Dave Venne

Post by Dave Venne »

This small-font problem happened to me a few months ago. It turned out that another piece of software--Eudora, as I recall--would set the browser text size to "smaller" when one of its own fonts was reduced in size. If you're seeing all the web sites you visit showing smaller fonts than usual, you might look at the other programs you're using with a bit of squinty-eyed suspicion.

Dave V.
kibatme

Post by kibatme »

Dave Venne wrote:This small-font problem happened to me a few months ago. It turned out that another piece of software--Eudora, as I recall--would set the browser text size to "smaller" when one of its own fonts was reduced in size. If you're seeing all the web sites you visit showing smaller fonts than usual, you might look at the other programs you're using with a bit of squinty-eyed suspicion.

Dave V.
Actually, I was just messing with Dave -- I, too, noticed the sudden reduction in font size.

I think during the recovery from this week's 'hack' into the forums I lost the 'bigger font' option. I'll research it and see if I can make it more readable...
kibatme

Post by kibatme »

kibatme wrote:I think during the recovery from this week's 'hack' into the forums I lost the 'bigger font' option. I'll research it and see if I can make it more readable...
There, that should be a little better -- good enough, Dave?
Dave Olmstead

Post by Dave Olmstead »

That do it!

Thanks!
David Olmstead
One of the Scope Wranglers
david@davidolmstead.com