CWTS 2016 - Feedback from First-Timers

This is where you will find information and updates for all MAS Star Parties and Events open to the public.

Moderator: defalkner

Chuckolupogus

CWTS 2016 - Feedback from First-Timers

Post by Chuckolupogus »

Just want to thank all of the volunteers who made this weekend's Camping with the Stars event so great!

This was our first MAS event and we absolutely loved it! My 8-yr-old boy has shown an aptitude for math and science, and in searching for supporting opportunities I came across CWTS.

We were impressed with how well organized and how family-friendly the event was. My boy enjoyed many of the speaker talks, the Cookout & Potluck, the Prize Drawings, the Continental Breakfast, and had a blast at the Live Laser Tour of the Night Sky. But the highlight for him was being able to see things like Jupiter, Saturn, Mars, and the Moon up close with all of the amazing telescopes that were available!

For me, I was most impressed with how friendly all of the volunteers and attendees were, specifically how open and eager they all were to share their passion for Astronomy with us! I consider activities like this to be an investment in my son and I feel I received an outstanding value for my time and money. My only regret is that I didn't take more pictures!

Thank-you so much for this engaging and enlightening weekend! We all came away with a much deeper appreciation for Astronomy. I definitely recommend this event for everyone who enjoys being outside under the stars. We plan to bring friends next year!
Lilah

Re: CWTS 2016 - Feedback from First-Timers

Post by Lilah »

So happy to hear this! Thank you for coming out!
Make it so,

Lilah Blinkman
MAS Outreach Coordinator
ELO Program Coordinator