CGO Tonight 7/22

This is where you will find information and updates for all MAS Star Parties and Events open to the public.

Moderator: defalkner

Enberg

CGO Tonight 7/22

Post by Enberg »

Forecasts look good, and I am looking forward to an evening of observing at Cherry Grove tonight. Is anyone else planning to be there?
Master Observer
Orion XT10 dob
Orion StarBlast 4.5" f4 on a Dwarfstar alt-az mount
Vortex 10 x 56 binocs
Orion 150mm f12 MakCas
rjcegla

Re: CGO Tonight 7/22

Post by rjcegla »

I plan on going down but will continue to watch the weather.
Almericus

Post by Almericus »

Same here, if it looks like it'll remain clear we'll be down.
Brent Emery
10" Meade Starfinder Dob.
8" SCT/Advanced VX eq.
heinerv

Post by heinerv »

Nancy, if you are at CGO tonight and someone needs training on opening/closing Cherry Grove, could you go over it with them and then email me who you trained. They will also need to email me so I can send them a code. I checked this morning and there were Tstorms in the forecast, so I committed to other activities, gambling on tomorrow.
setnes

Post by setnes »

I will be there if the weather holds.
flynn

Post by flynn »

Just wanted to thank everyone for an incredible first star party, dew be damned! I learned and saw many things, and I will definitely be out to CGO again.
Enberg

Post by Enberg »

Turned out to be a good crowd last night and great observing conditions until about 3:15 when the clouds moved in. By the time I got packed up and drove home, it was dawn. We had a couple waves of ground fog filling up the sky - at one point I watched Capricorn dim and almost disappear for a few minutes in the south, while straight up the skies were still very clear.

I worked on the AL Double Star list, with my smaller (4.5" f8) scope. Found some interesting differences, especially in field-of-view, in using this f8 versus the f5 that I have been using most of the last couple years. Starhopping is quite a different experience!
Master Observer
Orion XT10 dob
Orion StarBlast 4.5" f4 on a Dwarfstar alt-az mount
Vortex 10 x 56 binocs
Orion 150mm f12 MakCas