2018 ELO Public Star Party Schedule

This is where you will find information and updates for all MAS Star Parties and Events open to the public.

Moderator: defalkner

merle

2018 ELO Public Star Party Schedule

Post by merle »

The 2018 Eagle Lake Observatory public star party schedule is posted.

http://www.mnastro.org/events/elo-public-star-parties/

Follow the link at the top of the Events page to print the full list.

This is a revised schedule that reflects the change for this years Camping with the Stars from July to August to better accommodate the events at ELO for ALCON. *** Please disregard any schedule that has CWTS being in July ***

Merle
Clear skies,
Merle Hiltner
MAS Eagle Lake Observatory
Onan Observatory • Sylvia A. Casby Observatory • HotSpot Classroom
merle.hiltner@gmail.com
ahmedreda

Re: 2018 ELO Public Star Party Schedule

Post by ahmedreda »

Merle,

Thank you posting the schedule. Should we plan for a spring cleaning party the weekend before (March 3rd)? If we are I would like to signup :)
Ahmed Reda

MAS - Board Member at Large
ELO & JJC Keyholder

---------------------------------------------------
"Our imagination is nothing compared with nature's awesome reality." Neil Degrasse Tyson
merle

Re: 2018 ELO Public Star Party Schedule

Post by merle »

I got a subtle little vibe from Dave last night at the MAS meeting about the public star party I had scheduled on July 14, the last day of ALCON.

When I did the schedule a couple of years ago, it was a toss up weather to go with July 14 or 21 for the public night. The 14th does keep pace with the 2 week interval, but the 21st will be a better lunar phase, Mercury and Venus will be slightly better and everyone will be free to attend ALCON.

I think you'll all agree with the change to move the public night to the 21st of July.

The link to the schedule above has been changed. *** Please disregard any schedule that has a star party scheduled on July 14 ***

Merle
Clear skies,
Merle Hiltner
MAS Eagle Lake Observatory
Onan Observatory • Sylvia A. Casby Observatory • HotSpot Classroom
merle.hiltner@gmail.com