Adjust time in Stellarium

This forum is for discussing all things astronomical that aren't directly related to the activities of the MAS.
Michael Kauper

Adjust time in Stellarium

Post by Michael Kauper »

Could someone please send me or post "idiot resistant" directions for how to set time in Stellarium? :(

I installed Stellarium 0.18.0 on my new laptop, I clicked on date/time in the left hand pop-up menu. Date window comes up, but not time. I have clicked around, and read the directions, but I cannot find the "time" set window. I know it must be really easy, but I cannot find it.

Windows 10, ASUS Republic of Gamers laptop.

childcareguy47@yahoo.com
tneutgens

Re: Adjust time in Stellarium

Post by tneutgens »

When I click the Date/Time window [F5] in the left pop up menu it brings up the following window. Date on the left, time on the right. I am running 0.17 and have not upgraded to 0.18 so maybe they changed something?
stellariumdatetime.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave Venne

Post by Dave Venne »

I'm using 0.18.0 with Win 10 and I see what Trent sees when I use the left-hand menu. The time adjustment is the right hand portion of the display; in trent's image the time is 13:32:27. Use the little up/down triangles above and below the numbers to adjust the hours, minutes, and seconds.
merle

Post by merle »

A Google search for "Stellarium time & date" took me to the User Guide:

https://sites.google.com/site/stellariu ... Window-F5-

There's also the "Startup Time & Date" where I'd think it would default to "System date & time", if it's other than that.

https://sites.google.com/site/stellariu ... e-and-Time

Merle
Clear skies,
Merle Hiltner
MAS Eagle Lake Observatory
Onan Observatory • Sylvia A. Casby Observatory • HotSpot Classroom
merle.hiltner@gmail.com