Last Minute outreach starparty tonight! (fri may 20)

This forum is for discussing all things astronomical that aren't directly related to the activities of the MAS.
Starforce2

Last Minute outreach starparty tonight! (fri may 20)

Post by Starforce2 »

For: Cubscouts
Where: Fredrick C anderson scout park:
Directions: Just of 95 1 hr north of lake elmo (that's all I got myself..confused...join the club...I'll get more from one of the scout's dad's later...I hope)

Weatherbug says mostly clear tonight, so maybe, just maybe...we get luck. I f***en hope so. Also, if anyone is willing to bring equip and just talk about astronomy even if the seeing is bad or non-exsistant that'd be great too.

If you use the club email lists can you run this out on them? This is last minute I know but I only recently found out that this campground might be a somewhat dark sky site.

edit: I am unable to find this at mapquest or google searches (for the campground) so I'll know more after 4:30 when he gets off from work.

Edit2: Not so far away as I thought. Average skys most likely.
Starforce2

Post by Starforce2 »

no responses? The clear sky clock to me anyways is confusing so anyone think it will be decent tonight?
Starforce2

Post by Starforce2 »

well it atleast looks half-a**ed enough to give ti a shot. I'm calling it on.
Starforce2

Post by Starforce2 »

well, crap as the skys were there was plenty of interest in Jupiter's moons, the moon, and for a short while saturn. Took a little while to find it, lots of trees. Toward the end I managed m13 but clouds covered it before we could get anyone to the scopes. But me, Ken, and an old scout and mom walking by got to see it so it was over all worth the trip. Those of you with the 8-10 dobs missed out on a great time. Woulda been nice to have had someone show up... :cry:
mlfj4901

Post by mlfj4901 »

Greetings,

Sorry Starforce, I would've loved to, but stuck at work from 7pm to 7am.

-matt
"As a dog returns to it's vomit, so a fool repeats his folly" Proverbs 26:11
I podcast on Trans & Atheism issues Showpage is www.trans-atheist.net
iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/a-m ... d743314884
Stitcher http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=40377&refid=stpr
or the podcatcher of your choice :)