Going out to view Perseid's tonight, Aug. 12th

This is where you will find information and updates for all MAS Star Parties and Events open to the public.

Moderator: defalkner

Michael Kauper

Going out to view Perseid's tonight, Aug. 12th

Post by Michael Kauper »

GOING OUT TO VIEW PERSEID'S

I am working on a trip to watch and photograph the Perseid meteor shower tonight, August 12th, until well past midnight. World's most popular annual astronomy event. Excellent family astronomy. $5.00 park fee at the gate.

I can give a ride to as many as three people. I can open the gate for you after 10:00PM. $5.00 park fee at the gate.

The prediction is for very clear weather, light wind, even the smoke will have cleared out by tonight. Good seeing and transparency. Warm.

NO MOON TO INTERFERE. This year is especially nice because the Moon is New, no Moon to interfere.

I will leave at about 9:00 PM from SW Minneapolis, and watch the Shower from about 10:00PM until maybe 1:00 or 2:00AM. If the shower is great, I might stay until later (earlier?). Longer!

If you want a ride or to meet there, give me a call or a text. WEAR LONG SLEEVES AND PANTS, BRING INSECT REPELLENT! Also, you will want a blanket, pillows, and snacks.

Michael Kauper
612-483-0298 cell
(Call or text. I do not receive messages left on my phone.)
rdavidjohnson63

Re: Going out to view Perseid's tonight, Aug. 12th

Post by rdavidjohnson63 »

Where are you going for this event? It kind of seems like you mean ELO, but I am sure there are other parks with a gate and a similar fee.
Keyholder - ELO and JJC
Mentor - JJC
Celestron CPC 925
Celestron 8SE
Celestron CGEM II mount
Stellarvue SV105
Lunt LS60T Ha w/Sky-Watcher - SolarQuest Alt-Azimuth Solar Mount
Astro-Tech AT102ED
ZWO - ASI294MC Pro