Star party 3/29-30 - this weekend

This is where you will find information and updates for all MAS Star Parties and Events open to the public.

Moderator: defalkner

jjones7777

Star party 3/29-30 - this weekend

Post by jjones7777 »

Greetings all,

I just checked with Vic on the condition of the field at CGO for this weekend's star party. He said it is out of the question to use the parking lot. Depending upon the weather conditions, the field might be slippery if it is cold and windy.

So,if you DO go, please do NOT park in the parking lot and be careful using the field.
Jerry Jones
MAS Observing Co-Chair
Astronomical League Awards Coordinator
AL recognized Master Observer, Silver Level
15" "Eagle Eye"; 12.5" Obsession; C11 Edge in a SkyShedPod; 8" SCT; 152mm ES doublet; 105mm Mak; 94mm Brandon; 1957 Questar; 35mm Lunt Ha
jjones7777

Re: Star party 3/29-30 - this weekend

Post by jjones7777 »

All,

I just received an update from Vic from Dave Venne regarding the CGO field conditions:

"By Friday/Saturday, I think the only usable places will be the observatory and the old BAD concrete strip. Walking around the warming house will not be good, either."

The parking lot probably continues to be off limits

Thanks for your willingness to abide by these constraints. It will make the parking lot and the field more usuable for all of us in time. Hopefully for next week.
Jerry Jones
MAS Observing Co-Chair
Astronomical League Awards Coordinator
AL recognized Master Observer, Silver Level
15" "Eagle Eye"; 12.5" Obsession; C11 Edge in a SkyShedPod; 8" SCT; 152mm ES doublet; 105mm Mak; 94mm Brandon; 1957 Questar; 35mm Lunt Ha