Astrophotography Workshop - Deep Sky - Beginner

This is where you will find information and updates for all MAS Star Parties and Events open to the public.

Moderator: defalkner

markjob

Astrophotography Workshop - Deep Sky - Beginner

Post by markjob »

You are invited to a public imager’s workshop focusing on deep sky objects hosted by the Minnesota Astronomical Society (MAS) on August 10, 2019 at the Eagle Lake Observatory.

This workshop is intended for those interested in astrophotography, for beginners with an imaging rig, or for beginners who want to learn more. The workshop will include presentations and discussions related to the minimal equipment needed to image large objects like the Andromeda Galaxy and the North America Nebula, to objects like the Great Hercules Globular Cluster.

Experienced astrophotographers will set up their equipment and answer questions. Weather permitting, they will capture images and explain their process. If you have a rig and want some assistance, bring it and we can help.

The workshop begins at 1:00 p.m. and lasts until 10:00 pm. If the weather is good, it will end by astronomical twilight in the early morning of August 11.

Logistics
  • Cost is still to be determined (not to exceed $12) to cover the cost of supper to be provided at the park. You will pay when you arrive (cash or check).
    To register send an email to: MASImagerWorkshop@gmail.com. The MAS AP Workshop Team will confirm your reservation and provide additional details.
    Location: Eagle Lake Observatory at Baylor Regional Park north of Norwood-Young America
    Date/start time: August 10, 2019 at 1:00 pm
    Parking for Non-MAS Members - $6.00 cash at the gate
    Parking for MAS Members - No charge if you obtain a 2019 Baylor Park Pass. See the ELO Forum or contact the email above.
    Attendance is limited to 40 people.
Doug and Mark
2019 AP Workshop Team
Last edited by markjob on Tue May 28, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MaryW_MN

Re: Astrophotography Workshop - Deep Sky - Beginner

Post by MaryW_MN »

Hi Doug and Mark,

I just tried to send an email to "MASImagersWorkshop@gmail.com" and it got bounced back as undeliverable. I double-checked the email address and it was correct.

I'd like to register for the workshop.

Thank you,
Mary A. Williams
MAS Member
Mary A. Williams
White Bear Lake, MN

Oberwerk 9x60 LW Binoculars
Celestron 130SLT
Orion SkyQuest XT10 Dob
markjob

Post by markjob »

Thanks for reply and letting us know we have something broken.

You are on the list of attendees.

Mark
Deane Clark

Post by Deane Clark »

Not that this will likely dissuade anyone from attending (I hope), but Carver county has raised their parking fees. A daily permit is $6 this year.
https://www.co.carver.mn.us/departments ... /park-fees
Deane Clark
Eagle Lake Observatory keyholder
------------------------
I can quit any time I want. I just don't want to.
www.aponon.org
markjob

Post by markjob »

Thanks for the info Deane. I will do an edit.

Mark