Cloudless skies

This forum is for discussing all things astronomical that aren't directly related to the activities of the MAS.
Gomanson

Cloudless skies

Post by Gomanson »

I think it was over two weeks ago when I got my old telescope out and saw for the first time the Jovian moons. Then I joined this board and got some more astronomy books and magazines. I've been wanting to get out and star gaze ever since then, but there hasn't been a good night since. And as I recall before 2 weeks ago we had had about five out of thirty days without rain. Has anyone been able to do any good star viewing in even the lst 2 months?!

:x

(And even though I know no one has the answer it still relieves some frustration to keep asking...) When are we going to have some clear nights?????
Starforce2

Post by Starforce2 »

yup, in ND, it was great. Found an NGC among other targets. I'll post a report on it in a little while.
mlfj4901

Post by mlfj4901 »

Greetings,

I've gotten a few days here and there in, but it usually only seems to be clear when I can't observe. :?

I did get about an hour or so in last week with just my eyes. Gave me a chance to learn a new constellation! :D

-matt
"As a dog returns to it's vomit, so a fool repeats his folly" Proverbs 26:11
I podcast on Trans & Atheism issues Showpage is www.trans-atheist.net
iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/a-m ... d743314884
Stitcher http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=40377&refid=stpr
or the podcatcher of your choice :)
JimsZR2

Post by JimsZR2 »

Yeah, The weather has not been to kind to us stargazers. I just saw the weather for the weekend and it looks to be rained out yet again. No wonder people move out west and southwest. No rain!
Starforce2

Post by Starforce2 »

true, but we more than make up for it with pristine skys at -45 :lol:
Dick Jacobson

Post by Dick Jacobson »

According to Paul Douglas, this past May was the cloudiest in 45 years. I found out why. It's the Minnesota Legislature's fault. When they approved funding for the planetarium, Stella, goddess of the stars, got all huffy. "If they're going to be making their own stars, they don't need to look at mine!", she was heard to say. She's that way, you know.
Albert_Frankencense

huh?

Post by Albert_Frankencense »

"I'll post a report on it in a little while."

I want a report on my desk tomorrow morning!