A Remote Mars and Moon Occultation

This forum is for discussing all things astronomical that aren't directly related to the activities of the MAS.
Frank Kenney

A Remote Mars and Moon Occultation

Post by Frank Kenney »

Hello from Milwaukee, I’ve been a remote member since Alcon 2018 where I grew to appreciate your club. Haven’t been back since, this was to be a summer to visit you and family again but…….

I have seen a little conversation about Slooh.com in the past, a very interesting form of community observing and outreach, not as nice as Eagle Lake, but certainly has been a unique source of worldwide outreach and remote observing for me during these difficult times.

I am a Slooh Ambassador also so if anyone ever has questions let me know.

Thought I would share a couple of things from the Moon Mars occultation that as a group we imaged last night first from Santiago Chile, then Tenerife in the Canary Islands off of Spain and Africa since it would not have been fully occulted from Milwaukee or Minneapolis, although I did step out last night and it was beautiful fas it was from here.

First was Chile very low with a lot of airmass, Tenerife an hour or so later was very high with much better seeing, what a difference in points of occultation also at their different lat. and long.

Frank
Attachments
MAS 1 Chile Red.jpg
MAS 1 Chile Red.jpg (22.11 KiB) Viewed 636 times
MAS 3 Chile Red.jpg
MAS 3 Chile Red.jpg (26.74 KiB) Viewed 636 times
MAS 2 Ten Red.jpg
MAS 2 Ten Red.jpg (39.16 KiB) Viewed 636 times
MAS 3 Ten Red.jpg
MAS 3 Ten Red.jpg (41.9 KiB) Viewed 636 times