1. The committee needs to let the LLCC know how many people are coming to the star party and how many rooms are needed.
2. We need to track usage of the rooms.
3. We need to follow the current Covid-19 rules.
1. I will create a new topic for each start party weekend under the Long Lake Conservation Center Discussions
- A list of the weekends the MAS is allowed to hold star parties at LLCC cab be found at http://www.mnastro.org/events/llcc-events/.
- COVID-19 Rules - http://www.mnastro.org/mas-covid-19-site-rules/
- LLCC Facilities Information - http://www.mnastro.org/facilities/llcc/
- Rules of Use of LLCC for MAS Star Parties - http://www.mnastro.org/wp-content/uploa ... 9_2007.pdf
- I would like everyone that is planning on going to go sign up as early as possible.
- List any family members that are going as well.
- Let us know if you will be planning on staying in a room Friday and/or Saturday night.
- Update the forum if you change your mind, even if at the last minute.
3. Follow the established LLCC usage policy found at http://www.mnastro.org/events/llcc-events/.
- You can obtain a LLCC vehicle permit by emailing Kenhugill@comcaset.net.
4. Once you return, please email email@example.com and let me know if you used a room and for how many nights. We want to
Observing Field Rules:
There will be a limit of 10 people on the field at any one time. Please bring your own hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes for personal use.
- Per the Governor’s Stay Safe MN order, no more than 15 total people per night.
- Field telescope setups need to be a minimum of 10 feet apart to maintain social distancing when in use.
- No sharing of telescopes.
- Masks are not required when using your own equipment but are required if you are visiting other observers – maintain social distancing.
- No use of coffee pot, microwave or other devices in the storage shed and wipe down door handles and the like when through.
Long Lake Conservation Center has given us a default of 4 rooms to use in the Marcum House. We can expand the number of rooms by notifying LLCC.
- When posting on the forum include if you are staying at the Marcum House.
- Rooms will be given out on a first-come-first-serve basis
- No more than one person per room unless:
- The two people are family members.
- Two people mutually agree to share the room understanding the potential risk of COVID-19 exposure.
- Upon leaving please sweep the floors and take your trash with you. You can put it in the dumpster by the Kitchen / Dinning Hall.
- Email Kenhugill@comcast.net and let him know that you stayed overnight.
- If you have issues call Ken Hugill @ 612-760-3265 first. If issue persist then contact Rich Courtemanche @ 218-839-3814. Rich is currently overseeing LLCC operations.