Need a how-to

Having problems using the forums? Have a suggestion for a new forum? Here's the place for both.
nealzimm

Need a how-to

Post by nealzimm »

I recently changed my email service provider and now have a new email address. I was able to update
my profile, but emails still come through to the old address (Gemini, the Astronomical League). How can
I update all the email addresses? Shouldn't there be one place to update them all?
clayton

Re: Need a how-to

Post by clayton »

Clayton Lindsey
nealzimm

Post by nealzimm »

Tried that, but I admit that was a few days ago. I will wait and see what happens. Thanks Clayton.
clayton

Post by clayton »

Its been some time since I was involved with the process so my knowledge may be out of date. The original intent was the form would go to the membership coordinator and then he would update the others areas. You can contact Steve Emert our membership coordinator for these changes.

Near The bottom of the contact page is a form to contact various MAS leads.
http://www.mnastro.org/about-us/mas-lea ... ommittees/

Astronomical league mailing was controlled by the AL roster that was on the AL website and could only be edited by the president ( Mark Job) and AL Coordinator ( Jerry Jones) and possibly Steve.

The Gemini mailing was on MailChimp. The MAS Secretary Trena Johnson has access to update your email there. Although at the bottom of the old emails there is a link that allows you to change your email.
Clayton Lindsey
markjob

Post by markjob »

HI Neal,

I see these updates.

We have received the update.

Mark
MAS President
nealzimm

Post by nealzimm »

The email system borked when I tried to send the following to Steve Emert.

Steve: (I hope)

I am still receiving emails from the Astronomical League, Gemini, and NCRAL at my old email account which will go away at the end of January.

Would you check into this and make some inquiries?
Please?

My email account used by the MAS is current and correct.

Many Thanks!

Neal
SEmert

Post by SEmert »

Sent PM to confirm email address.
Steve Emert
MAS Membership Coordinator
12.5" f/4.7 Obsession Clone Homemade Truss Dob, sometimes equipped with Celestron StarSense Explorer app
Celestron C8 SCT OTA on AVX GEQ mount
Astro-Tech AT72 ED Refractor OTA usually on Explore Scientific Twilight 1mount or tripod with Benro geared head
Celestron 5" SCT OTA on Synta AZ-4 or Explore Scientific Twilight 1 Alt-Az Mount, usually equipped with StarSense Explorer app
Orion 150mm Mak OTA and Orion EQ-G computerized mount