Telescope knowledge or repair

This is the discussion forum for the Beginners Special Interest Group. Whether you just learned how to spell t-e-l-e-s-c-o-p-e or have years of observing experience you're welcome!

Moderators: defalkner, Sureshks, SEmert

bgebhard

Telescope knowledge or repair

Post by bgebhard »

Hi,
I have a Cstar basic reflector telescope and am looking for someone who knows how to operate or fix these telescopes. I received this telescope second hand from a friend who knows nothing about it. Do you have a contact for Telescope repair or advice?

Thanks,
Brett
SEmert

Re: Telescope knowledge or repair

Post by SEmert »

There are no commercial repair shops for scopes anywhere near the Twin Cities. A lot of us use Newtonian reflectors and can assist. If you'd like, I can take a look at it. Send me a forum PM and we can work out a time and place.

Just a word of caution, however. Cstar isn't a big name in astronomical telescopes. In doing a Google search the first (and so far only) Cstar reflector I found was on eBay, then on Amazon (but currently unavailable there), a 360 series 114mm diameter x 500 mm optical tube length with a 700 mm focal length.
Steve Emert
MAS Membership Coordinator
12.5" f/4.7 Obsession Clone Homemade Truss Dob, sometimes equipped with Celestron StarSense Explorer app
Celestron C8 SCT OTA on AVX GEQ mount
Astro-Tech AT72 ED Refractor OTA usually on Explore Scientific Twilight 1mount or tripod with Benro geared head
Celestron 5" SCT OTA on Synta AZ-4 or Explore Scientific Twilight 1 Alt-Az Mount, usually equipped with StarSense Explorer app
Orion 150mm Mak OTA and Orion EQ-G computerized mount