December AL Reflector mentions MAS in President's Letter

Forum for the discussion of astronomy books, magazines, movies, documentaries, web videos, astronomy apps, etc.

Moderator: Lilah

SEmert

December AL Reflector mentions MAS in President's Letter

Post by SEmert »

For those not yet receiving email notification of the Astro League's Reflector newsletter, here is the link i just got in my email today:https://www.astroleague.org/files/refle ... 0pages.pdf

In his column, "Star Beams", Carroll Iorg, President of the AL, talked about his trip to our 50th anniversary celebration and featured some photos including Mark, Deane and our Apollo LM mockup.
Steve Emert
MAS Membership Coordinator
12.5" f/4.7 Obsession Clone Homemade Truss Dob, sometimes equipped with Celestron StarSense Explorer app
Celestron C8 SCT OTA on AVX GEQ mount
Astro-Tech AT72 ED Refractor OTA usually on Explore Scientific Twilight 1mount or tripod with Benro geared head
Celestron 5" SCT OTA on Synta AZ-4 or Explore Scientific Twilight 1 Alt-Az Mount, usually equipped with StarSense Explorer app
Orion 150mm Mak OTA and Orion EQ-G computerized mount
Deane Clark

Re: December AL Reflector mentions MAS in President's Letter

Post by Deane Clark »

Nice column! I certainly didn’t expect to see my picture in the Reflector. Sorry if they made it look like I (though unnamed) was responsible for your cool Observe the Moon demonstrations, Steve :)
Deane Clark
Eagle Lake Observatory keyholder
------------------------
I can quit any time I want. I just don't want to.
www.aponon.org
SEmert

Re: December AL Reflector mentions MAS in President's Letter

Post by SEmert »

No problem. They were "our" demonstrations, anyway, as in the club's for demonstrating to the public. And I think you actually ended up manning the table for more time than I did over the course of the day.
Steve Emert
MAS Membership Coordinator
12.5" f/4.7 Obsession Clone Homemade Truss Dob, sometimes equipped with Celestron StarSense Explorer app
Celestron C8 SCT OTA on AVX GEQ mount
Astro-Tech AT72 ED Refractor OTA usually on Explore Scientific Twilight 1mount or tripod with Benro geared head
Celestron 5" SCT OTA on Synta AZ-4 or Explore Scientific Twilight 1 Alt-Az Mount, usually equipped with StarSense Explorer app
Orion 150mm Mak OTA and Orion EQ-G computerized mount