Space Walk Today

Topics related to manned space missions

Moderator: clayton

Gomanson

Space Walk Today

Post by Gomanson »

Well, as with Deep Impact, I am totally awed that I'm sitting here in my basement in Maple Grove, MN, getting later and later for work, watching free on my computer screen the spacewalk going on 222 miles above the earth at 16,500 mph. I'm listenning to the live communication betwen the mission controller, the boom operators, and Steve Robinson, the spacewalker. And as I'm writing this he finished the repairs and just got authorized to use the robotic arm any way he wants to get him in position to take some photographs for himself. Right now he's the luckiest man on Ear.......um...in the solar system.

As I think about how late I am for work, and about the nature of the repairs done today, the thought occurs to me: For the next shuttle mission they really need a tile installation expert on the crew. I would happily volunteer to fill the spot. I would go for free, and I'd even throw in a free joint cleaning of those lovely black tiles.
-Ross
Jon Hickman
Site Admin

Post by Jon Hickman »

I agree, Ross. It was incredible to watch Steve in action. I only regret that it wasn't the duck tape that cured the problem!
Jon Hickman