(Price Reduced) Equitorial Tracking Platform for your Dobsonian

Buying? Selling? Trading? Wanting? This is the place to do it.
Posts will be automatically pruned in 90 days,
jimpeasley

(Price Reduced) Equitorial Tracking Platform for your Dobsonian

Post by jimpeasley »

Your Dob can start tracking!

I ended up with an extra Equitorial Platform last spring and rather than trying to send it back to Europe I’d like to sell it.

I have been using the “Pro” version of this platform since last June and it has revolutionized my observing because my Dob now tracks with the stars! Once I have found my target object and have centered it in my field of view, I turn on the platform and have all the time I need to check a star chart, change eye pieces, make a notation on my observing log, or allow a whole line up of people to look at something through my scope without having to jump in line and recenter the object every 2-3 people. I find it especially helpful when using higher magnification on planetary observations.

I am selling my brand new and unused surplus Asterion Ecliptica 45 Light Platform described in the attached manual. It should be adequate for most 10” and smaller Dobs. This platform will work for your Dob if the diameter of your wood base is 21 inches or less, the height of the center of gravity (where the tube attaches to the base) is less than 19.7 inches and the weight of your scope and base totals 66 pounds or less. The platforms are made in the Ukraine and are a little scarce to find now due to the war. I am very impressed with the craftsmanship and the ease of use of mine. Please feel free to private message me through this forum or by email at jimpeasleylmft@aol.com if you have any questions. I bought the Light platform last spring for $ 534.03 including shipping.

Asking Price: was $450 NOW $400
I'd really like to sell this locally and avoid having to ship it!

Manufacturer’s Website (for the Ecliptica Pro 45 for larger Dobs but has great pictures)
https://teleskopy.pl/product_info.php?p ... a%2045%20N
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Peasley
Telescope: Orion XTi 10in Dobsonian, Asterion Ecliptica Pro Equitorial Platform
jimpeasley

Re: (Price Reduced) Equitorial Tracking Platform for your Dobsonian

Post by jimpeasley »

Here's some other views of this platform!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Peasley
Telescope: Orion XTi 10in Dobsonian, Asterion Ecliptica Pro Equitorial Platform