Apollo 11 documentary

Forum for the discussion of astronomy books, magazines, movies, documentaries, web videos, astronomy apps, etc.

Moderator: Lilah

rdavidjohnson63

Apollo 11 documentary

Post by rdavidjohnson63 »

I saw the new Apollo 11 documentary last night. For those of us that watched much of it live in July 1969, it was a very enjoyable trip down memory lane. It was cool to see all the cleaned up and enhanced video, especially the stuff that is much less common or even never seen before.

They added some graphics of the trip and phases that were drawn in the style of the Asteroid video game. Kind of funny.

They also added text info about location, speed, altitude are time related, but I think the font was a bit small for my old eyes. I could just make out what it said.

It was an amazing feet for people mostly using slide rules, (OK so I know they used computers, but back then, they did not have a lot of power) to have such a high degree of accuracy at each stage of the event.

Not sure it was worth the $17.51 at the theater I saw it at, but I did enjoy it.
Keyholder - ELO and JJC
Mentor - JJC
Celestron CPC 925
Celestron 8SE
Celestron CGEM II mount
Stellarvue SV105
Lunt LS60T Ha w/Sky-Watcher - SolarQuest Alt-Azimuth Solar Mount
Astro-Tech AT102ED
ZWO - ASI294MC Pro
merle

Re: Apollo 11 documentary

Post by merle »

Moved to MAS Electronic Media & Book Group forum
Clear skies,
Merle Hiltner
MAS Eagle Lake Observatory
Onan Observatory • Sylvia A. Casby Observatory • HotSpot Classroom
merle.hiltner@gmail.com
tugger

Post by tugger »

[quote=rdavidjohnson63 post_id=52346 time=1552932420 user_id=1387]
I saw the new Apollo 11 documentary last night. For those of us that watched much of it live in July 1969, it was a very enjoyable trip down memory lane. It was cool to see all the cleaned up and enhanced video, especially the stuff that is much less common or even never seen before.

They added some graphics of the trip and phases that were drawn in the style of the Asteroid video game. Kind of funny.

They also added text info about location, speed, altitude are time related, but I think the font was a bit small for my old eyes. I could just make out what it said.

It was an amazing feet for people mostly using slide rules, (OK so I know they used computers, but back then, they did not have a lot of power) to have such a high degree of accuracy at each stage of the event.

Not sure it was worth the $17.51 at the theater I saw it at, but I did enjoy it.
[/quote]

Do you remember what it's called? Is it available online......(hint hint)......
merle

Post by merle »

tugger wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:10 pmDo you remember what it's called? Is it available online......(hint hint)......
Apollo 11, in theaters now

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8760684/
Clear skies,
Merle Hiltner
MAS Eagle Lake Observatory
Onan Observatory • Sylvia A. Casby Observatory • HotSpot Classroom
merle.hiltner@gmail.com