Email "Slooh to Livestream Half Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse Via Amazing New Interface to Space"

This forum is for discussing all things astronomical that aren't directly related to the activities of the MAS.
defalkner

Email "Slooh to Livestream Half Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse Via Amazing New Interface to Space"

Post by defalkner »

So I get this email in my Inbox and here is one of the paragraphs:

Slooh's Chief Astronomical Officer, Paul Cox, said: "Although this isn’t a total lunar eclipse, we will still see the magical change of colour as 65% of the Full Buck Moon enters Earth’s umbral shadow. It’s difficult to predict the colour of an eclipsed Moon because the condition of Earth’s atmosphere affects it - but with recent volcanic activity spewing dust into the atmosphere, we’re hoping for a ‘Half Blood Moon’.”

I don't know about you but my experience has been the so called "Blood Moon" (I hate that term BTW) doesn't occur until at or very near totality. I expect they will see the "black bite" taken from the Moon. Besides, if it is not a total lunar eclipse how can you call it a "Blood Moon"!

As Ron Schmit is want to say, "Our work here is not yet done."
Clear skies!
Dave Falkner
10" Meade SNT
iOptron iEQ45 Mount
Celestron NexStar Evolution 8 SCT
CGO Committee
MAS Secretary
Deane Clark

Re: Email "Slooh to Livestream Half Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse Via Amazing New Interface to Space"

Post by Deane Clark »

By now, isn’t the moon being live-streamed somewhere all the time?
Deane Clark
Eagle Lake Observatory keyholder
------------------------
I can quit any time I want. I just don't want to.
www.aponon.org