Presenters Wanted for Fall/Winter BSIG Meetings

This is the discussion forum for the Beginners Special Interest Group. Whether you just learned how to spell t-e-l-e-s-c-o-p-e or have years of observing experience you're welcome!

Moderators: defalkner, Sureshks, SEmert

Sureshks

Presenters Wanted for Fall/Winter BSIG Meetings

Post by Sureshks »

Hello all,

The Beginner-SIG group is looking for presenters for the upcoming Fall/Winter schedule. In the past, we've met in libraries around the metro... but given the ongoing COVID situation I suspect that we will continue to do these meetings via Google Meet for the time being (and be recorded).

Topics are generally wide-open, but must be relatable for beginner astronomy folks. In the past, we've had topics such as celestial navigation, choosing your first telescope, landscape astro-imaging, telescope show-and-tell, and deep sky observing. Our presentations generally run for two hours, plus time for Q&A. Usually, we pick the Saturday closest to Full Moon, and the early afternoons for our presentations... but the dates/times can be moved to accommodate the speaker's needs.

So if you've got a topic you'd like to present to a beginner-level crowd (or know of somebody who might)... please do let me know!

I can be reached at sureshks1@msn.com.

Suresh
Suresh Sreenivasan
B-SIG/FB/Metcalf Comm

Refr: AP 130mm GTX/SW 120mm/Borg 4"/Unitron 150 4"/Jason 2.25”
Dobs: ATM 16"/Orion 12”
Newts: Cave 8" RFT/Criterion RV6/Astroscan 4"/Orion 3.6" TCT
SNs: Meade 6"/Celestron 5.5"
SCTs: Celestron 9.25"/8”/B&L Criterion 4”
Maks: SW 7"/Quantum 4"/Meade 3.5” ETX
Cass: Vixen 8” VISAC/Simmons 4.5"
RC: MallinCam 10"