S&T Messier Card

This forum is for discussing all things astronomical that aren't directly related to the activities of the MAS.
SEmert

S&T Messier Card

Post by SEmert »

I picked up one of the books at this Thursday's MAS meeting that was being offered for a small donation. Tucked away in it I found an old S&T Messier card. Unlike the modern ones it looks like it must be a first edition type card. I thought you folks may be interested in seeing what this older one looks like and you can compare it to the modern one you probably have in your observing kit.

By the way, the books and other items were from those being stored in the MAS loaner scope storage unit. There were still quite a few items left, so I'm pretty sure you'll get your chance to look them over and find your own treasure at the April meeting!
Attachments
Old S&T Messier Chart.pdf
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 154 times
Steve Emert
MAS Membership Coordinator
12.5" f/4.7 Obsession Clone Homemade Truss Dob, sometimes equipped with Celestron StarSense Explorer app
Celestron C8 SCT OTA on AVX GEQ mount
Astro-Tech AT72 ED Refractor OTA usually on Explore Scientific Twilight 1mount or tripod with Benro geared head
Celestron 5" SCT OTA on Synta AZ-4 or Explore Scientific Twilight 1 Alt-Az Mount, usually equipped with StarSense Explorer app
Orion 150mm Mak OTA and Orion EQ-G computerized mount