Posting & Message Response Issues

Having problems using the forums? Have a suggestion for a new forum? Here's the place for both.
JerryT

Posting & Message Response Issues

Post by JerryT »

Several times now I have been unable to post either a new topic or respond to one on JJC discussion and keyholder forums. A message comes up saying I’m blocklisted. The first time I had to log out and log back in before I was able to post. But then other times that didn’t work so I had to wait and try again hours later before it allowed posting.

Also, when I respond to a private message, I notice at least sometimes it arrives in my inbox noting me as the recipient. So I think it wasn’t sent to the person I’m responding to, so I send them another, only to realize they got the original as well.

Jerry
Jerry Tennis
Deane Clark

Re: Posting & Message Response Issues

Post by Deane Clark »

On your second point, I know I have gotten confused once or twice about how PMs work. When you send someone a PM, it sits in YOUR outbox until they read it. If you looked quickly you might have thought it was a new message in your inbox.
Deane Clark
Eagle Lake Observatory keyholder
------------------------
I can quit any time I want. I just don't want to.
www.aponon.org
JerryT

Post by JerryT »

I did realize after reading it correctly that it now looks like I didn’t send two messages to someone. But I sure find this private messaging system to be confusing, even when I know what to look for. And on that first issue, blocklisting, I’m wondering if it has something to do with this old iPhone I’m using. The times it has happened was after I’d done a lot of searching on these forums.
Jerry Tennis
clayton

Post by clayton »

Regarding the Blocklisting. Jerry T what browser are you running and are you behind a VPN? Does this happen when your phone is on your carrier's network or attached to a home wifi or public wifi?

Blocklisting can occurs when the IP address you appear to be coming from is blacklisted by Spamhaus.org or spamcop.net. This may not be your issue.
Clayton Lindsey
JerryT

Post by JerryT »

I’m using Safari and on the settings it shows Iron VPN. The carrier I’m with is T-Mobile. The message that has come up this past week when I tried posting or sending messages says I am blacklisted by Spamhaus.org.

This is my first phone and was a hand-me-down during the pandemic because I could no longer access computers at the library. It’s an old iPhone 6 and since the MAS website was updated recently I can no longer use the dropdown menu to access stuff directly which was so handy before.

I’ve only started getting that Spamhaus.org message recently and just a few times. When I click on it the information given is hard for me to understand so I’ve just waited, logged out, and tried again. It’s working now though. (If you’re reading this.)

Jerry
Jerry Tennis
Deane Clark

Post by Deane Clark »

I am also rocking an iPhone 6 and the web site does have issues displaying in Safari. There’s a LOT of extra white space, and I also cannot get the main page dropdown menu to show up.
Deane Clark
------------------------
www.aponon.org
JerryT

Post by JerryT »

I assume I wouldn’t be able to access the MAS Slack on this phone either since it’s unable to handle the Slack app for the sailing club I belong to. I usually defer any concerns I have regarding this phone to my family members who are IT literate. But I’ve found now that I have a smartphone, I can’t see how I ever managed without it.
Jerry Tennis
Deane Clark

Post by Deane Clark »

Yup. The current version of Slack requires iOS 14 which can’t be installed on iPhone 6.
Deane Clark
------------------------
www.aponon.org