Sky & Telescope Subscription

Forum for the discussion of astronomy books, magazines, movies, documentaries, web videos, astronomy apps, etc.

Moderator: Lilah

BradNasset

Sky & Telescope Subscription

Post by BradNasset »

I doubt this is the correct tab for posting this, but is the best I could find right now.

I keep getting hard-copy, mailed renewal info from Sky & Telescope all the time. I tried to log in and thought I would renew on-line. I logged into the general S&T website and it said the subscription website needed a different log in. Tried that site every which way, and no luck.

I called them. She said that 'public' subscription website is only for non-astronomy-club people, and the only way to renew at the club price (annual, $45.75 vs. non-club of $57.75) is to use the S&T website link my club will send me at every year's subscription renewal time for me. She must have felt sorry for me, so she just renewed me this time on the phone. Now I am good to Sept 2024 so will just chill for a year.

Hopes this helps anyone.
Brad Nasset
ELO, CGO Keyholder
Celestron Edge HD 8 inch, CGEM mount, with HyperStar system
Celestron C8 (Classic 1975 orange-tube), RA drive, equatorial wedge
Celestron 5 inch truss tube Newtonian, “Astronomers Without Borders” scope
3-D Printed 114/900 Reflector- homemade by me
Celestron 15x70 binocs, Homemade parallelogram binocs mount
Meade 10x52 binocs
Vixen 2.1 x 42 Binocs
SEmert

Re: Sky & Telescope Subscription

Post by SEmert »

Thanks fir the info, Brad! Huh. That's the first I've ever heard from them that we need to inform you of the web site to go to when your subscription is due for renewal. The correct link for subscribing and/or renewing both your S&T subscription and your Astronomy subscription can be found on the Member Benefits page of the MAS web site. I also include the link in your "thanks for renewing" letter I send you each time after you renew your membership.

PS. And, yes, both magazines do send out renewal notices at the normal subscription price! My assumption is that they can get more money when people don't realize it's not their club discount price and just reply to the renewal notice.

By the way, it probably would have made more sense to post this question on either the MAS Announcements and Discussion, or General Astronomy, or MAS Electronic Media and Book Group discussion forums.
Steve Emert
MAS Membership Coordinator
12.5" f/4.7 Obsession Clone Homemade Truss Dob, sometimes equipped with Celestron StarSense Explorer app
Celestron C8 SCT OTA on AVX GEQ mount
Astro-Tech AT72 ED Refractor OTA usually on Explore Scientific Twilight 1 mount or tripod with Benro geared head
Celestron 5" SCT OTA on Explore Scientific Twilight 1 Alt-Az Mount, usually equipped with StarSense Explorer app
Orion 150mm Mak OTA and Orion EQ-G computerized mount