10" f/8 RC carbon fiber telescope w/ TS focuser

Buying? Selling? Trading? Wanting? This is the place to do it.
Posts will be automatically pruned in 90 days,
rwillits

Post by rwillits »

I purchased this telescope some years ago from a person in Toronto Canada. He sold it for the same reason I am. I'm 80 yrs old and it is getting to heavy for me (34 lbs). I have replaced it an 8" RC (16 lbs). I only set it up on my wooden deck and take photos with it and put it back where it is in the photo. It is sturdy. I brought it to a telescope shop in the Twin Cities about a year ago to have the mirrors cleaned. I've only used it once sense cleaning.
It comes with it's focuser and a very nice Teleskop Services focuser. It has a JMI focus motor on it, but is easily removed. I use a Shoestring Astronomy FCUSB motor controller which I recommend ($79.00) I have other JMI motors so I need my controller.
One two inch extender and two one inch extenders for the telescope/focuser, a TPO .75 focal reducer, an Orion 9x50 finder scope, and a finder lasar.
There are two holes drilled in the bottom plate. They were there when I purchased it, but were on the bottom so I didn't notice them until I got home from Toronto. I don't know why they are there, They don't affect the telescope.
I've taken some great photos with this telescope. I live in Ely, Minnesota. I get to the Twin Cities occasionally. I have the original box. You probably would want to see it before you buy. I'm in no hurry.

$2000.00
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard

10" f4 Newt, 6" f4 Newt, 10" RC, Celestron C8 HyperStar, William Optics 110 ZenithStar & GT81.
EQ6, AZ EQ6 & EQ5 mounts. Assorted good, used eyepieces. Canon Rebel xsi. QHY 163 m & c, SBIG STF 8300.
ASCOM, EQASCOM, Stellarium Scope, Stellarium, SGPro, PHD2.
Photoshop, Pixinsight. DSS. And years of accumulated stuff.
rwillits

Re: 10" f/8 RC carbon fiber telescope w/ TS focuser

Post by rwillits »

by rwillits » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:23 pm

I purchased this telescope some years ago from a person in Toronto Canada. He sold it for the same reason I am. I'm 80 yrs old and it is getting to heavy for me (34 lbs). I have replaced it an 8" RC (16 lbs). I only set it up on my wooden deck and take photos with it and put it back where it is in the photo. It is sturdy. I brought it to a telescope shop in the Twin Cities about a year ago to have the mirrors cleaned. I've only used it once sense cleaning.
It comes with it's focuser and a very nice Teleskop Services focuser. It has a JMI focus motor on it, but is easily removed. I use a Shoestring Astronomy FCUSB motor controller which I recommend ($79.00) I have other JMI motors so I need my controller.
One two inch extender and two one inch extenders for the telescope/focuser, a TPO .75 focal reducer, an Orion 9x50 finder scope, and a finder lasar.
There are two holes drilled in the bottom plate. They were there when I purchased it, but were on the bottom so I didn't notice them until I got home from Toronto. I don't know why they are there, They don't affect the telescope.
I've taken some great photos with this telescope. I live in Ely, Minnesota. I get to the Twin Cities occasionally. I have the original box. You probably would want to see it before you buy. I'm in no hurry.

$2000.00
Richard

10" f4 Newt, 6" f4 Newt, 10" RC, Celestron C8 HyperStar, William Optics 110 ZenithStar & GT81.
EQ6, AZ EQ6 & EQ5 mounts. Assorted good, used eyepieces. Canon Rebel xsi. QHY 163 m & c, SBIG STF 8300.
ASCOM, EQASCOM, Stellarium Scope, Stellarium, SGPro, PHD2.
Photoshop, Pixinsight. DSS. And years of accumulated stuff.
SEmert

Re: 10" f/8 RC carbon fiber telescope w/ TS focuser

Post by SEmert »

I brought it to a telescope shop in the Twin Cities about a year ago to have the mirrors cleaned.

Can you tell us where this elusive telescope shop in the Twin Cities is located and what it is called? I'm not aware of any since Radio City has closed!
Steve Emert
MAS Membership Coordinator
12.5" f/4.7 Obsession Clone Homemade Truss Dob, sometimes equipped with Celestron StarSense Explorer app
Celestron C8 SCT OTA on AVX GEQ mount
Astro-Tech AT72 ED Refractor OTA usually on Explore Scientific Twilight 1 mount or tripod with Benro geared head
Celestron 5" SCT OTA on Explore Scientific Twilight 1 Alt-Az Mount, usually equipped with StarSense Explorer app
Orion 150mm Mak OTA and Orion EQ-G computerized mount