Rights to delete own photo posts

Having problems using the forums? Have a suggestion for a new forum? Here's the place for both.
SEmert

Rights to delete own photo posts

Post by SEmert »

I appear to not have the ability to delete photos that I've posted to the MAS Equipment and Facilities photo album. Could someone with the proper rights delete the sketches of the ideas for handlebar extension on the BAD? Also perhaps some of the redundant or less descriptive pictures of the BAD servo and DSC installation. They seemed like a good idea at the time, but I don't think we need to clutter up the photo album with sketches, and some non-essential pictures.
Steve Emert
MAS Membership Coordinator
12.5" f/4.7 Obsession Clone Homemade Truss Dob, sometimes equipped with Celestron StarSense Explorer app
Celestron C8 SCT OTA on AVX GEQ mount
Astro-Tech AT72 ED Refractor OTA usually on Explore Scientific Twilight 1mount or tripod with Benro geared head
Celestron 5" SCT OTA on Synta AZ-4 or Explore Scientific Twilight 1 Alt-Az Mount, usually equipped with StarSense Explorer app
Orion 150mm Mak OTA and Orion EQ-G computerized mount
Dave Olmstead

Post by Dave Olmstead »

I would like to remove a few pics too. How do I do that?
David Olmstead
One of the Scope Wranglers
david@davidolmstead.com
Ben Mullin

Post by Ben Mullin »

I'll take this opportunity to restate an earlier request that we make the albums more organized. Can we subdivide them so that all of the equipment isn't all jumbled together. And all the events aren't jumbled together, etc. Make a CGO/16", CGO/BAD, Events/ATM Mirror Grinding, etc.

That along with deleting some of the duplicate images might help make the album more useful.

Ben
kibatme

Post by kibatme »

STEVE: I'm not familiar with the photo album extension, but looking at the config it would seem you SHOULD be able to delete pictures. When you're looking at thumbnails, what options do you see at the bottom of each? I show "Edit Delete Lock Move" on mine.

OTHERS: I just checked with a test account and I see "Edit Delete" at the bottom of the thumbnails in my personal gallery as well as on the thumbnails for images I've posted to the album. Are you all seeing this as well?
Chip

Post by Chip »

I agree with Mike, but it is confusing. To 'delete' my own pix in 'Galaxies' I need to click on 'Galaxies' (the album, left side of screen) and when all the thumbnails have loaded then the Edit/Delete appears for the 3 that are mine. It's on that screen, below my own pix Description for each of the 3 pix there. The Edit is to change the description, the Delete is to delete the pix, but I hit 'no' on the option so I didn't actually do it, but it seems to be there. Should work the same for the other albums unless something is set different in the bbs program, and then that could be changed if needed. But I assume it's possible to delete in misc albums...

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

The Photo Album MOD has improved a lot since I installed it back in the day. There are tons of bells and whistles that can be added. One thing I can do is take a looked at this when I get the chance and make some changes.

I have recently started upgrading my Gopher Hockey website with some of the new features of the upgraded album. This is only a test website, but you can go and check it out if you wish.

http://www.gopherpucklive.com/ztest/album.php

There are some features that are currently turned off, but would be some cool additions. You can even add special effects.... I don't have that feature turned on with my site, but this site does.
http://www.area69.phphost.info/click-he ... image=true

Here is a short feature list:
slide shows
sub categories
multiple file uploads
archiving
photo rotation and resizing
special effects
SEmert

Post by SEmert »

kibatme wrote:STEVE: I'm not familiar with the photo album extension, but looking at the config it would seem you SHOULD be able to delete pictures. When you're looking at thumbnails, what options do you see at the bottom of each? I show "Edit Delete Lock Move" on mine.
When in the MAS Equipment album, I only Ratings, Comment, Edit. I don't see a "Lock" and "Move". If you could be so kind as to delete the drawings of proposed BAD handlebar accessories, I'd appreciate it. They've served their purpose.
Steve Emert
MAS Membership Coordinator
12.5" f/4.7 Obsession Clone Homemade Truss Dob, sometimes equipped with Celestron StarSense Explorer app
Celestron C8 SCT OTA on AVX GEQ mount
Astro-Tech AT72 ED Refractor OTA usually on Explore Scientific Twilight 1mount or tripod with Benro geared head
Celestron 5" SCT OTA on Synta AZ-4 or Explore Scientific Twilight 1 Alt-Az Mount, usually equipped with StarSense Explorer app
Orion 150mm Mak OTA and Orion EQ-G computerized mount