Starhouse Star Party

This forum is for discussing all things astronomical that aren't directly related to the activities of the MAS.
lolife

Starhouse Star Party

Post by lolife »

My annual Starhouse Star Party will be held on September 9th starting at 6pm.

For those unfamiliar with this, it is more "party" than "star party". We have a keg of beer and BBQ and bonfire. I open up my observatory and show people stuff. Generally 3 or 4 other people set up scopes, too, to help show people stuff. Usually we get a few MASers every year. You are all invited and you are welcome to bring friends. I very much encourage you to bring a telescope, too. Many of us set up tents and spend the night, so please join us if you have a tent. We serve coffee and breakfast in the morning.

My observatory is about 1 hours southwest of Minneapolis near Cologne, MN. Rather than post the directions for all the internet to see, please email me if you think you might come and I will get you the directions.

See you there?

Michael
http://www.lolife.com/astronomy/
lolife

Re: Starhouse Star Party

Post by lolife »

It's that time of year again. The party is on September 8th this year, otherwise identical to the previous description. Let me know if you think you might come.

Cheers,
Michael Koppelman

lolife wrote:My annual Starhouse Star Party will be held on September <strike>9th</strike>8th starting at 6pm.

For those unfamiliar with this, it is more "party" than "star party". We have a keg of beer and BBQ and bonfire. I open up my observatory and show people stuff. Generally 3 or 4 other people set up scopes, too, to help show people stuff. Usually we get a few MASers every year. You are all invited and you are welcome to bring friends. I very much encourage you to bring a telescope, too. Many of us set up tents and spend the night, so please join us if you have a tent. We serve coffee and breakfast in the morning.

My observatory is about 1 hours southwest of Minneapolis near Cologne, MN. Rather than post the directions for all the internet to see, please email me if you think you might come and I will get you the directions.

See you there?

Michael
http://www.lolife.com/astronomy/
egage

Starhouse star party

Post by egage »

Michael,

Sounds interesting. I'll see if I can make it. Which would be more helpful to bring, a 15" Obsession or an NP127?

Eric
lolife

Re: Starhouse star party

Post by lolife »

egage wrote:Sounds interesting. I'll see if I can make it. Which would be more helpful to bring, a 15" Obsession or an NP127?
Whichever is convenient for you. A 15" scope would be a lot of fun!

M.
benhuset

Post by benhuset »

Could you e-mail / call (# in Gemini) me directions?

--Ben
No trees were
destroyed in sending this message but several thousand electrons were mildly
inconvenienced and upset!
benhuset

Post by benhuset »

FYI:

Pics from Michael Koppelman's Starhouse party
http://www.freemars.org/mnfan/MAS/2007- ... use-party/

-Ben
No trees were
destroyed in sending this message but several thousand electrons were mildly