E-mail address used with private message notice

Having problems using the forums? Have a suggestion for a new forum? Here's the place for both.
Deane Clark

E-mail address used with private message notice

Post by Deane Clark »

I noticed today that I got a private message from Steve Emert, but the notice in my e-mail about it had Mike Kibat's e-mail as the "from" address.

Can the private message feature be set up to use either the e-mail address of the member sending the private message, or a generic "from" address of the kind that you can't respond to?

Mike -
Do you get occasional responses to these notice messages?
Deane Clark
Eagle Lake Observatory keyholder
------------------------
I can quit any time I want. I just don't want to.
www.aponon.org
kibatme

Re: E-mail address used with private message notice

Post by kibatme »

TOA03002 wrote:I noticed today that I got a private message from Steve Emert, but the notice in my e-mail about it had Mike Kibat's e-mail as the "from" address.

Can the private message feature be set up to use either the e-mail address of the member sending the private message, or a generic "from" address of the kind that you can't respond to?

Mike -
Do you get occasional responses to these notice messages?
It doesn't appear that the PM notices can be configured in this way--the PM notices are tagged with the administrator's email address (mine).

The only email options I see determine whether to use your computer's email program to send an email response to a topic (e.g. Outlook) or to use a forum screen for this purpose. I just tried this, but it doesn't affect the operation of the PM function.
kibatme

Post by kibatme »

Oh, and you can ignore the comment in my test email to you -- I went ahead and reset the email option so it will use your email client and not the forum function to send email.