Maybe I'm doing this wrong...

Having problems using the forums? Have a suggestion for a new forum? Here's the place for both.
Ron Schmit

Maybe I'm doing this wrong...

Post by Ron Schmit »

Hey folks,

I'm trying to post onto the announcements forum, but the "New Topic" Button is gone. Am I missing something?

I tried to contact a webmaster about it via PM , but heard nothing back. Went to send a message to another webmaster, and now both of those message are sitting in my Outbox. Does that mean they are not sent yet? My Outlook experience would suggest this. Apparently, I'm doing it wrong.

Lil' help?
merle

Re: Maybe I'm doing this wrong...

Post by merle »

Ron Schmit wrote: I'm trying to post onto the announcements forum, but the "New Topic" Button is gone. Am I missing something?
Ron,

Not sure why there is a problem for you, it is working for me. If you want, email me the announcement and I'll post it for you.
Clear skies,
Merle Hiltner
MAS Eagle Lake Observatory
Onan Observatory • Sylvia A. Casby Observatory • HotSpot Classroom
merle.hiltner@gmail.com
Ron Schmit

Post by Ron Schmit »

Thanks, Merle:

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am going to be at Onan on Friday morning to see the LCROSS impact. I'll be there from 5:30 - 7:30 AM.

Feel free to stop out!

Ron
defalkner

Post by defalkner »

Ron or Merle,

You may want to get the announcement that Onan will be open for the LCROSS impact on a more general forum. I had to search for LCROSS to find out Ron will be at Onan on Friday. I plan to be there as well.

Thanks,
Dave
Clear skies!
Dave Falkner
10" Meade SNT
iOptron iEQ45 Mount
Celestron NexStar Evolution 8 SCT
CGO Committee
MAS Secretary
Ron Schmit

Post by Ron Schmit »

You may want to get the announcement that Onan will be open for the LCROSS impact on a more general forum.
Yep, Dave... That's what I'm trying to do.
I'm trying to post onto the announcements forum, but the "New Topic" Button is gone.
I've even PM'd the webmasters for help, but have not heard back yet. I'm stuck!
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Whoever set up the "permissions' for that area of the forum set it up so that only the MAS Board group and a few select people can create new topics. That can be changed, but I am guessing it was set up that way for a reason.
Ron Schmit

Post by Ron Schmit »

Maybe we could get a sticky at the top of that forum to explain "How to Post an Announcement".