Unsubscribe

Having problems using the forums? Have a suggestion for a new forum? Here's the place for both.
Bob Young

Unsubscribe

Post by Bob Young »

How do you unsubscribe from the mailing list ??:
Dave Venne

Re: Unsubscribe

Post by Dave Venne »

I think it can be done by going to

http://lists.mnastro.org/mnastro/listinfo/mas

At the bottom of the page there's a section for MAS subscribers. Enter the address at which you're getting the MAS e-mails. This will take you to another page where you should enter the password for the e-mail list from which you want to unsubscribe. (Your password is mailed to you periodically.) After entering your password you'll be taken to another page full where you can do a number of things, including unsubscribe.
Bob Young

Post by Bob Young »

Thanks Dave :-)
Kurt A. Casby

Post by Kurt A. Casby »

Bob,

Please don't. Your efforts are very much appreciated by many people, including me. I urge you to reconsider.

Clear Skies,
Kurt
merle

Post by merle »

Kurt A. Casby wrote:Bob,

Please don't. Your efforts are very much appreciated by many people, including me. I urge you to reconsider.

Clear Skies,
Kurt
I'll second that!!! The relevant postings far outweigh the absurd. Maybe there should be an "Off Topic" list for these "discussions", that won't clog the astronomy & MAS topics.
Clear skies,
Merle Hiltner
MAS Eagle Lake Observatory
Onan Observatory • Sylvia A. Casby Observatory • HotSpot Classroom
merle.hiltner@gmail.com
Dave Venne

Post by Dave Venne »

merle wrote:Maybe there should be an "Off Topic" list for these "discussions", that won't clog the astronomy & MAS topics.
I agree. The reason I was able to answer Bob's question was that I've looked into doing the same thing. Right now I get a lot of e-mails through that list, but few are actually associated with the MAS directly. It might be better to keep the main mail list open only to "official business" postings. If there needs to be a discussion such as took place a few days ago, it probably belongs either in the forum or in a separate mail channel where not everyone has to be exposed to it.