Outreach Forum Clarification

Having problems using the forums? Have a suggestion for a new forum? Here's the place for both.
Ron Schmit

Outreach Forum Clarification

Post by Ron Schmit »

Can someone tell me again why we have two Outreach Forums? Sorry... Trivial, I know,... But anytime you have two of something (when you only need one), one goes unused... UNTIL that one day when the important one gets sent to the box that you never look at anymore and >BOOM<... It's a mess. (Sorry, maybe too autobiographical...) :oops:

We have an email list for public requests. They get posted to the Outreach forum. So what goes in the Outreach Requests forum? And hey, I'm open. Just because I don't get it, doesn't mean it's not valid. Could someone help me with that?

Thanks!

Ron
Bob Young

Re: Outreach Forum Clarification

Post by Bob Young »

One is open to the public for them to post requests and one is private... but it appears that it has been used as a catch all (public) ... the only thing I see is That Lenny has been posting there but I agree it can be confusing... mind you anyone in the MAS can post to the outreach forum... I think part of what I do is making everything "uniform" when others post requests so if anyone is hesitant to post there dont be, it needs not be perfect... my $.02
Dale Smith

Post by Dale Smith »

Ron,

A little over a year ago you started another thread in this forum entitled "Wait a sec... they can SEE this?". Various members, including yourself, voiced concerns about making some of our discussions open to the general public. One of the concerns centered on the fact that in the Outreach and various observing site forums people post info about when they will be attending events and it may not be wise to announce to the entire world when they will not be at home. Counterbalancing this was the concern that non-members should be able to make requests. Two forums was the compromise.
Ron Schmit

Post by Ron Schmit »

Dale: Yep, I remember that. I guess I'm just trying to avoid a request that gets left behind. If we can all keep watch and help Bob out (Thanks, Bob!), we'll probably keep everything covered. Thanks for the feedback.