March B-SIG Meeting

This is the discussion forum for the Beginners Special Interest Group. Whether you just learned how to spell t-e-l-e-s-c-o-p-e or have years of observing experience you're welcome!

Moderators: defalkner, Sureshks, SEmert

defalkner

March B-SIG Meeting

Post by defalkner »

Greetings,

Our March B-SIG meeting will be held on Saturday, March 26 at 2:00 PM. Our topic this month is "Telescopes - Part 2." This meeting will cover the care and feeding of telescopes, common accessories as well as some of the gadgets that are available. This continuation of last month's discussion will once again prove informative to both the telescope owner and those still shopping around.

Please note that both the time and location for our B-SIG meeting has changed.

Time: 2:00 PM
22 11th Ave. N.
Hopkins , 55343

See you there.
Dave, Steve and Merle
Clear skies!
Dave Falkner
10" Meade SNT
iOptron iEQ45 Mount
Celestron NexStar Evolution 8 SCT
CGO Committee
MAS Secretary
Dave Olmstead

Re: March B-SIG Meeting

Post by Dave Olmstead »

I highly recommend attending the B-Sig meeting. Jackie and I went to the last one and enjoyed it very much. Dave, Steve and Merle do a great job!!
David Olmstead
One of the Scope Wranglers
david@davidolmstead.com
Enberg

Post by Enberg »

Would it be possible to do some teaching about "seeing " and "transparency" and what these mean and how to estimate them -This would help me in understanding the "clear sky" graphics and also for logging actual conditions.
Master Observer
Orion XT10 dob
Orion StarBlast 4.5" f4 on a Dwarfstar alt-az mount
Vortex 10 x 56 binocs
Orion 150mm f12 MakCas
merle

Post by merle »

Enberg wrote:Would it be possible to do some teaching about "seeing " and "transparency" and what these mean and how to estimate them -This would help me in understanding the "clear sky" graphics and also for logging actual conditions.
I'll split this from the B-SIG topic here: http://www.mnastro.org/forums/viewtopic ... 15&start=0

As far as "how to estimate them", that may only come with experience. Since clear nights are usually at a premium in Minnesota, we find ourselves observing on less than ideal nights most often and treasure the four or five "Good and Excellent" nights a year, when we get 'em.
Clear skies,
Merle Hiltner
MAS Eagle Lake Observatory
Onan Observatory • Sylvia A. Casby Observatory • HotSpot Classroom
merle.hiltner@gmail.com