Observing Manuals for AL Observ. Clubs?

This is the discussion forum for the Beginners Special Interest Group. Whether you just learned how to spell t-e-l-e-s-c-o-p-e or have years of observing experience you're welcome!

Moderators: defalkner, Sureshks, SEmert

Enberg

Observing Manuals for AL Observ. Clubs?

Post by Enberg »

Does MAS have a library of the observing manuals for Astronomical League observing clubs? Specifically I would like to borrow the Universe Sampler manual rather than buy it, if possible.

Thanks,

Nancy
Master Observer
Orion XT10 dob
Orion StarBlast 4.5" f4 on a Dwarfstar alt-az mount
Vortex 10 x 56 binocs
Orion 150mm f12 MakCas
WilliamWood

Re: Observing Manuals for AL Observ. Clubs?

Post by WilliamWood »

Hi Nancy -- I'm not sure whether you will be going to the Onan star party this weekend (or if the weather will cooperate) -- but if it's on and you are going, I have a copy of the Universe Sampler you could borrow for a while. Just reply to this post if interested and we can work out logisitics.
Enberg

Post by Enberg »

If I could borrow the manual for a while, that would be great! However, I don't think I'm going to Onan - I was thinking about Cherry Grove for the Virgo Venture. But I will be at the general meeting tonight in Roseville - any chance you will be there?
Master Observer
Orion XT10 dob
Orion StarBlast 4.5" f4 on a Dwarfstar alt-az mount
Vortex 10 x 56 binocs
Orion 150mm f12 MakCas
WilliamWood

Post by WilliamWood »

No, I cannot make Thursday nights as one of my daughters has soccer games on Thursdays. BUT...if you message me your address I can mail it to you.