Perseid Party: Sunday, Aug 11 - Eagle Lake Observatory

This is where you will find information and updates for all MAS Star Parties and Events open to the public.

Moderator: defalkner

Ron Schmit

Perseid Party: Sunday, Aug 11 - Eagle Lake Observatory

Post by Ron Schmit »

Come on out and view the Perseid's from the Eagle Lake Observatory at Baylor Regional Park!

We'll go from 9 PM - Midnight. Telescopes will be available to see other wonders while you scan the sky for meteors!
Ron Schmit

Re: Perseid Party: Sunday, Aug 11 - Eagle Lake Observatory

Post by Ron Schmit »

It begins! Three Perseids so far, and the sky is JUST getting dark. Saturn looking AWESOME! The Moon is amazing! Sending a sick feed of M13 into the Channel 5 truck. We're live at Onan.
MarkC

Post by MarkC »

I saw ~60 meteors between 11:30 and 3 AM, 3 more on the way home while driving on 212. The clouds came in at 3.

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Astrolaman

Post by Astrolaman »

[quote="Ron Schmit"]Come on out and view the Perseid's from the Eagle Lake Observatory at Baylor Regional Park!

We'll go from 9 PM - Midnight. Telescopes will be available to see other wonders while you scan the sky for meteors![/quote]

Thanks for hosting the party last night and keeping ELO open later than originally posted. My wife and I stayed until after 1:00 AM and were rewarded with lots of bright meteors.