Request for help for school project

Topics related to manned space missions

Moderator: clayton

jjones7777

Request for help for school project

Post by jjones7777 »

We just received this request via info@mnastro.org. If there are any of you who might be interested in helping, please make contact. Thanks!

Hello

My 4th grader son –Shitij Govil, is going to own a “J-term Project” as part of Minnetonka District Gifted & Talented Kids program(Navigators), starting 5th Jan’15 onwards. The project ends with product/solution presentation to school district /principals etc on 29th Jan’15.

As project requirement, kids are required to develop an innovative idea or product for the questions/problem they would like to address in real world. In this whole inquiry, research, solutioning process, kids are required to work with a guide/subject matter expert or anyone who is passionate about same topic.

My son is very passionate about space and hence he has chosen to work on “ How can we improve the Mars rover- Curiosity- can it be made less expensive and more productive and value add than current model?”

With this background, I am reaching out to you to seek help

a) on any contacts you may have within your MSA group or outside, whom we can speak to and find if they would be willing to guide our son during his project tenure.

b) Any good resources that you can point us for his research and product/idea development

I am enclosing the copy of the handout we received from the school/Minnetonka school district. I can be contacted at 612-481-3166.

As we learn more from school, will share more information.

Wish you all a very Happy New Year!

Regards

Puja Prakash

612-481-3166
Jerry Jones
MAS Observing Co-Chair
Astronomical League Awards Coordinator
AL recognized Master Observer, Silver Level
15" "Eagle Eye"; 12.5" Obsession; C11 Edge in a SkyShedPod; 8" SCT; 152mm ES doublet; 105mm Mak; 94mm Brandon; 1957 Questar; 35mm Lunt Ha