B-SIG this weekend

This is the discussion forum for the Beginners Special Interest Group. Whether you just learned how to spell t-e-l-e-s-c-o-p-e or have years of observing experience you're welcome!

Moderators: defalkner, Sureshks, SEmert

Enberg

B-SIG this weekend

Post by Enberg »

Hi, everyone.

Just a reminder that this weekend is a B-SIG meeting. Weather permitting, we will have a field trip at Cherry Grove Observatory on Friday night. This is in conjunction with the MAS Virgo Venture, which is an observing challenge hunting down faint galaxies in the Virgo region. If you have started in on the Messier List, you may enjoy the Virgo Venture and seeing how you do against others on the field. If, however, you are just beginning to learn the sky, you may have more fun with the B-SIG Spring Challenge list that I will provide. The Spring Challenge has a number of deep sky objects, constellations, etc and this list will take you all over the sky. The objects you will find are also good outreach targets that you can show your family, friends, neighbors, or have on your lists for public sessions as well.

IF the Virgo Venture is cancelled on Friday, we will NOT have the field trip on Friday. Jerry Jones (our MAS Observing Chair aka the "Cloud Whisperer") makes that call for the whole club. Watch the Observing Forum and here on the B-SIG where I will update as needed. If we cancel Friday night, we are scheduled to meet at the Golden Valley Library at 10:00 on Saturday morning where our topic will be "Observing the Planets".

I hope to see you this weekend!

Nancy
Master Observer
Orion XT10 dob
Orion StarBlast 4.5" f4 on a Dwarfstar alt-az mount
Vortex 10 x 56 binocs
Orion 150mm f12 MakCas
Enberg

Re: B-SIG this weekend

Post by Enberg »

The Virgo Venture is cancelled on Friday due to poor conditions, and the forecast is even worse for Saturday night. Therefore, the B-SIG meeting will be on Saturday morning, 10am-11:30am, at the Golden Valley Public Library. Our topic will be "Observing the Planets".

I'll see you there.

Nancy
Master Observer
Orion XT10 dob
Orion StarBlast 4.5" f4 on a Dwarfstar alt-az mount
Vortex 10 x 56 binocs
Orion 150mm f12 MakCas