Northern Nights Star Fest

This is where you will find information and updates for all MAS Star Parties and Events open to the public.

Moderator: defalkner

bruce gardner

Northern Nights Star Fest

Post by bruce gardner »

I know it is a ways away, but I was wondering if anyone was camping or: Is staying in the bunk rooms the only option?
petemn2004

Re: Northern Nights Star Fest

Post by petemn2004 »

No camping is allowed on the LLCC site. Either stay in the very nice rooms with a bathroom and shower or off site.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

There is a campground in Palisade, about 7 miles away, as well as other campgrounds (and motels) in the area. It is very convenient to be on the LLCC campus close to the action so most use LLCC accomodations, but some have chosen to stay offsite in the past.
Wayne

Meade ETX-70
Vixen VMC200LDG
Astro-Tech AT72ED
Vixen Porta II mount
Meade LXD55 mount
Meade LXD75 mount
Dave Venne

Post by Dave Venne »

I prefer tent camping at star parties, so before my first NNSF last year I considered camping nearby. I'm glad I decided to stay on-site instead--it's hard to beat being right where you observe, and that way there are no commutes to your lodging at 3 in the morning.
Enberg

Post by Enberg »

Also in favor of staying at LLCC. The bunks are comfortable, and no need to drive anywhere. If privacy is a concern, you can pay extra to get a room to yourself.
Master Observer
Orion XT10 dob
Orion StarBlast 4.5" f4 on a Dwarfstar alt-az mount
Vortex 10 x 56 binocs
Orion 150mm f12 MakCas
bruce gardner

Post by bruce gardner »

I recently totaled my car(don't worry..without a scratch). I would really like to go to this event but don't have a ride. Does anyone who is going live in the Minneapolis area I could carpool with? I am willing to help with some gas money and work around your schedule. I would hate to pay for it and not be able to find a ride. If anyone can help that would be great! With th price of gas it would be nice to have someone help pay. If this sounds like something you would like to do call me at 9522003727