B-SIG Field Trip Friday, September 11

This is the discussion forum for the Beginners Special Interest Group. Whether you just learned how to spell t-e-l-e-s-c-o-p-e or have years of observing experience you're welcome!

Moderators: defalkner, Sureshks, SEmert

defalkner

B-SIG Field Trip Friday, September 11

Post by defalkner »

Our next B-SIG meeting/Field trip is this Friday, September 11 at 7 pm at Metcalf Field. The weather is looking very good so we will definitely be observing on Friday night.

Here is the link to the Metcalf Field info on the MAS website including directions:
http://www.mnastro.org/facilities/metcalf/

As you are coming south on Indian Trail the opening to the field is immediately after a sharp turn to the right and will be on your right-hand side. It's easy to miss so watch for it.

Parking will be on the field. There are electrical outlets available.

See you there!

Dave and Nancy
Clear skies!
Dave Falkner
10" Meade SNT
iOptron iEQ45 Mount
Celestron NexStar Evolution 8 SCT
CGO Committee
MAS Secretary
Lilah

Re: B-SIG Field Trip Friday, September 11

Post by Lilah »

I think Chris and I will try to make it out, as we have never been to any of the other facilities. Hopefully we'll see you there!
Make it so,

Lilah Blinkman
MAS Outreach Coordinator
ELO Program Coordinator
Enberg

Re: B-SIG Field Trip Friday, September 11

Post by Enberg »

To augment the directions, as you travel roughly south on a winding Indian Trail 1.0 miles, you pass a lake/slough on the left, then go up a hill and around a sharp curve to the right, and there is a telephone pole with 3 reflectors on it, the driveway is just after the telephone pole at 1.1 miles from the turnoff.

Also, for those of you in Woodbury or Oakdale, Hudson Rd west of Manning is closed at the moment so you still need to approach Indian Trail from Hudson Rd using I-94-Manning exit.
Master Observer
Orion XT10 dob
Orion StarBlast 4.5" f4 on a Dwarfstar alt-az mount
Vortex 10 x 56 binocs
Orion 150mm f12 MakCas