ELO public star party schedule

This is where you will find information and updates for all MAS Star Parties and Events open to the public.

Moderator: defalkner

merle

ELO public star party schedule

Post by merle »

The 2017 Eagle Lake Observatory public star party schedule is posted.

http://www.mnastro.org/events/elo-public-star-parties/

Follow the link at the top of the Events page to print the full list.
Clear skies,
Merle Hiltner
MAS Eagle Lake Observatory
Onan Observatory • Sylvia A. Casby Observatory • HotSpot Classroom
merle.hiltner@gmail.com
Michael Kauper

Re: ELO public star party schedule

Post by Michael Kauper »

Hi, Merle, Lilah, Dave, Rebecca;

Do you already have lectures scheduled for this Saturday, ELO, from 7:00 to 9:00PM? I plan to invite astronomy students, who may or may not show up. I see that we are expecting clouds.

If you have space, may I please reserve a lecture slot for this Saturday, June 17, at ELO? I want an hour or even ninety minutes to do Power Point talks on Light Pollution and Finding Exo-planets, both for general family audiences. Any slot from 7:00 to 9:00 or so would be fine. If no one shows up, so be it.

*** If you already have speakers scheduled, that would be great, fine for my purposes.*** Since I expect clouds, I want to make sure that we have something in case any of my students show up.

Please answer ASAP, so I can send an invite to my astronomy class. All our previous attempts have been cloudy. I want to encourage students to visit our beautiful observatory even if it is cloudy. I want to offer a Power Point or two as a substitute for being able to use the telescopes. I always want my students to see ELO.

I have never before asked for a spot at a public star party. I hope that I am doing this correctly. I will also try to post my request on the forum. Please advise me if this request is inappropriate or if there is a better way to do this.

I waited until the last minute to ask, because I was hoping that I could offer Saturn to my class.

Thank you for your help.

Michael Kauper
612-483-0298 mobile
612-827-3481 home, land line
612-825-4423 work, voice and fax