NEXT NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION

This is the discussion forum for the Beginners Special Interest Group. Whether you just learned how to spell t-e-l-e-s-c-o-p-e or have years of observing experience you're welcome!

Moderators: defalkner, Sureshks, SEmert

AdHawk

NEXT NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION

Post by AdHawk »

Hello,
I joined MAS recently (May '15) but have not attended the new member orientation yet. Could someone let me know when the next orientation is scheduled?
Thanks much,
clayton

Re: NEXT NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION

Post by clayton »

Hello

Welcome to the MAS and thanks for the interest in the MAS Orientation meeting. Usually we have one around February. Steve Emert our membership coordinator or his designee usually presents the session. I'll ping him to see if we can set this up.
Clayton Lindsey
AdHawk

Post by AdHawk »

Thanks. I occasionally browse the calendar and forums for new information. Will keep an eye out for any announcements. Please let me know if there's a way to get on a mailing list for the new member orientation.
SEmert

Post by SEmert »

Hi AdHawk and everyone else...

I'll be holding the next New Member Orientation meeting on Saturday February 13. It will be held in the Ethel Berry meeting room in the Southdale Public Library, and will be held from 2:00 to 4:00 PM.

All members, new and old, are welcome. While we'll probably go off onto a few tangents about observing, telescopes and stuff, the new member orientation meetings are primarily intended to familiarize you with the observing sites and star parties, how the MAS is organized, and how to access all the benefits you have available to you as members of the MAS.

We also have notice of the meeting posted on the MAS home page and in the calendar of events, and I intend to send emails to the newer members as reminders.

Hope to see you there!

Steve Emert
MAS membership coordinator,
aka the guy who sends the new member welcome letters and membership renewal letters ;-)
Steve Emert
MAS Membership Coordinator
12.5" f/4.7 Obsession Clone Homemade Truss Dob, sometimes equipped with Celestron StarSense Explorer app
Celestron C8 SCT OTA on AVX GEQ mount
Astro-Tech AT72 ED Refractor OTA usually on Explore Scientific Twilight 1 mount or tripod with Benro geared head
Celestron 5" SCT OTA on Explore Scientific Twilight 1 Alt-Az Mount, usually equipped with StarSense Explorer app
Orion 150mm Mak OTA and Orion EQ-G computerized mount