Doctoral student looking for input

This forum is for discussing all things astronomical that aren't directly related to the activities of the MAS.
Ron Schmit

Doctoral student looking for input

Post by Ron Schmit »

Received this request and thought I would forward to you. No affiliation with MAS, just someone looking for some input.
Dear Mr Schmit:

I am a PhD student at James Cook University, Australia, studying Astronomy Tourism as my degree thesis topic. I have been an amateur astronomer for 15 years and put heavy effort on my doctoral research.

I am here writing to kindly ask for your help by distributing my online survey to your astro-friends or club members via emails and encouraging them to participate. To ease their mind, all the data and information collected from the questionnaire are totally non-identifiable. Upon each respondent’s consent, the optional contact details will be needed and kept separate from the survey response to ensure confidentiality and to show full respect of personal privacy, and it will be only used for the prize draw result announcement. All the anonymous data from this survey will be ONLY applied in research publications and academic reports. Respondents will never be identified in any way in these publications.

The survey will cost 10-15 min to finish and I will inform you about my study result once it is accomplished. There will also be a draw with a prize of iPads after the survey as a reward to every participant.
Please click the URL to view the survey: http://jcubusiness.az1.qualtrics.com/SE ... uubwjBzd7T

I will really appreciate your kind help since this will benefit my study and as well as future astronomy tourism.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mr Wen via his email junjie.wen@jcu.edu.au or office landline +61-7-47813140.
Thank you again for your time and I will look forward to your reply.

With kindest regards,
Teddy

Teddy Wen
PhD Candidate: Astronomy Tourism
College of Business, Law and Governance
DA-03, Room 111, James Cook University
Douglas,Townsville,QLD 4811 AUSTRALIA
M: + 61(0)405 036 549 P: + 61(0)7 4781 3140